Holy Turtle! Another One!




Well, I guess that I live in Turtle Town. The nieghbors dog was barking frantically again so I went to check out what she was barking at and it was another Snapping Turtle.

This one was a little smaller than Terrance. I think he weighed about 15 pounds. This one (Yurtle) was slighlty smaller. What it lacked in size it more than made up for in ferocity. It left no dought that it was a Snapping Turtle and no other.

As you can see by the pics, this one was harassing my dogs and the nieghbors dog at the same time. We both have fenced in yards and it is just weird that we are getting snapping turtles. Since this turtle showed, another neighbor found 2 Snappers in their yard and they were harassing their dogs.

I am not sure what to make of the turtle phenomenon but her are some more pics for you to check out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How did you ever get such a great picture of him? He looks super ticked!

B said...

Well, I couldn't sneak up and get the drop on him because the dogs were all going insane. I just kind of backed him into the box and then shut it up and moved him.

B said...

But yes, he was ticked off!